Detailed Trail Maps
Over 30 detailed trail maps have been created in a joint effort by the Winnipeg Trails Association and the Prairie Pathfinders. The detailed trail maps are located on the left sidebar of this web page. Each map is a two page overview that can be viewed online or printed on a home printer on letter sized paper. These maps offer a unique detailed insight to each trail highlighting:
- surface type
- trail length
- refreshments / washroom facilities / parking
- connecting trails
- exceptional points of interest found along the trail with short descriptions
- photos – also check out the trail photo gallery for additional photos
Google-based Interactive Map – now live in BETA mode
The first of its kind for Winnipeg! Now live in BETA mode, Winnipeg’s own Google based interactive trail map featuring trails and on road cycling infrastructure! Click on image to see more:
The BETA version of this google based interactive map is still being refined – but even in its current stage – it is absolutely brilliant in helping you located the hundreds of kms of multi use trails AND on road cycling infrastructure in Winnipeg !
- The current view shows all the existing multi use trails and on road cycling infrastructure .
- Click on the ‘trailhead’ icons to link you to detailed multi use trail maps – highlighting trail routes and connecting trails, points of interest, trail surfacing, photos and other features unique to that trail!
- Use the interactive legend to customize your view to show the route of the Trans Canada Trail, and proposed new future trails / on road connections!
Take the map with you by linking to your smart phone! Check back over the summer and watch as the map improves, the search / directions tools are refined, more trails pop up, and additional detailed maps are uploaded. In the meantime, have fun exploring.
The google based interactive map is a joint project with the Winnipeg Trails Association,the Physical Activity Coalition of Manitoba; technical development from Online Business Systems; mapping expertise from Anders Swanson, cycling advocate extraordinaire.
2011 Winnipeg Cycling Map
The 2011 City of Winnipeg Cycling map is FREE and will be available at all Winnipeg Trails Day events. This fold out paper map will also be available at Winnipeg bike shops and other retail locations. The cycling map was developed through a partnership with Bike to the Future, WinnipegTrails Association, Manitoba Cycling Association, City of Winnipeg, Climate Change Connection, One Green City, Green Action Centre, Physical Activity Coalition of Manitoba and Winnipeg in motion.