Our submission to the City of Winnipeg Standing Policy Committee on Infrastructure Renewal and Public Works special meeting on the multi-year budget.
In it we request:
– a motion directing any/all federal gas tax funds to be directed to Transit or Active Transportation-focused projects
– a motion to disclose any GHG emissions analyses that were done on the 2020-2023 multi-year operating and capital budgets’ transportation priorities
– a motion to disclose any gender/equity-based analyses that were done on the 2020-2023 multi-year operating and capital budgets’ transportation priorities
– a motion pausing any road network expansion and a requirement that roadwork rehabilitation undergo a review of safety, accessibility and inclusivity before proceeding to construction. Please note that Winnipeg Trails would adjust its proposed activities for 2020 to accommodate this review.
– a motion directing the City of Winnipeg Public Service to put forward a plan, by April 31 2020, that will establish 30km/hr as the default speed limit on residential streets and 40km/hr as the default speed limit on residential collector streets