Winnipeg Trails Association is looking for a few experienced Tree Planters. Applicants can look forward to working with a team of diverse people who prioritize developing a sustainable city through the lens of community and equity. Hiring tree planters to be part of #FutureForests, Winnipeg Trails’ special project aiming to plant thousands and thousands of trees along trails. Successful applicants will be tree planting and doing a little brushing, tagging and general maintenance of the trees. Perks of the job include sleeping in your own bed and getting paid a base hourly wage and additional compensation based on productivity.
Qualifications, Education and Skills
Experience: any experience tree planting, working outside, or performing manual labor
Weight Handling: 50 lbs (22.7 kg) or more
Specific Skills and Abilities
- Previous tree planting experience
- Team player
- Comfortable working outside in various conditions
- Class V driver’s license and ability to driver manual transmission is a major asset
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling
- Love of trails, biking and being outdoors (in all seasons)
- Interest in trail building
- Familiar with the work of Winnipeg Trails
Accessibility: work will be completed at various locations in and around the city of Winnipeg. Having your own transportation to job sites in different locations and/or willingness to carpool is an asset.
Job Type: Part time/Full time (up to 32 hours per week), some evenings and weekends required as needed