Under the Green Team program Winnipeg Trails Association is looking for an experienced Project Coordinator under 30 years of age. Applicants can look forward to working with a team of diverse individuals who prioritize developing a sustainable city through the lens of community and equity. We are looking for a well-organized and highly motivated person to help us with various trail building projects this fall and/or winter. Examples of projects include tree planting project coordination, road to trail conversions, winter active transportation planning, and more. Successful applicants may have a background in non-profit work, construction, volunteer management, city planning or a little of all of the above.
Green Team Program
Due to the grant-funded nature of this position, eligible applicants must be under 30. Applicants older than 30 are encouraged to apply anyway, as we love hearing from enthusiastic people. Positions are available between May and August each year for youth between the ages of 15 and 29.
Qualifications, Education and Skills
Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years.
Education: A degree, certificate or diploma is an asset but not required;
- Project Coordination, Landscape Architect, City Planning, or related degree
Weight Handling: Up 50 lbs (22.7 kg) or more
Specific Skills and Abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- GIS or mapping experience is an asset
- Previous management or coordination experience
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling
- Previous experience working outdoors or tree planting
- Interest in trail building, terraforming, and green building
- Familiar with the work of Winnipeg Trails
- Class V driver’s license and ability to driver manual transmission is a major asset
Accessibility: work will be completed at various locations in and around the city of Winnipeg
Job Typ: Part time/Full time (up to 32 hours per week), some evenings and weekends required as needed