Next week, you’re “warmly” invited to attend a fun event about magical places and making the most of winter.
MPI Theater downtown in City Place (2nd floor, east side, door north of elevators).
12:00 noon – 1:00 pm
Winnipeg Free Press Cafe in The Exchange. Arthur @ McDermot.
Doors at 6:00pm.
6:30pm – 8ish.
- a short film about experiencing and exploring a landscape full of people and bikes and snow.
- “Oulu and the top winter cycling cities of the world”: a short presentation by Timo Perälä remote from Oulu, Finland. Mr. Perälä is the CEO of Navico ltd., a small consulting firm specializing in mobility management. He holds a masters degree in civil engineering (construction economics) and has completed several studies and projects related to winter cycling and winter maintenance throughout Finland. Timo directed the 2013 international winter cycling congress – the only event of its kind bringing together experts in the field from around the world – and goes regularly by bike year-round himself (no lycra, just a cruiser).
- Refreshments provided.
- Panel discussion: A big-ideas panel featuring Paul Jordan, COO of the Forks, Councillor Justin Swandel, design whiz Andrea Tetrault and speaker Timo Perälä. Moderated by Bartley Kives.
- Exciting event announcements.
- Hors d’oeuvres provided. Alcohol available.